Friday, January 9, 2009

I did it!

I know I have not been diligent about posting, but I haven't forgotten my running I promise!

Tonight I completed week 9, meaning I graduated the couch to 5 k program. I am so proud of myself I don't even know how to express it. Not only did I complete my last run tonight, I decided to up the ante by sprinting a bit! I never would have dreamed I would not only complete it but push myself to run even harder.

I have to admit on Monday I only did 25 minutes. I was not well, but I am proud I went anyway. Wednesday I did the 30 minutes but it was hard! Today, well I felt like I sailed through it. I mean again its running, its not easy, but it was achievable!

And on another note, I joined a new gym today. I liked that I did it for my last run, it felt like a new beginning almost. My old gym was scuzzy. The staff were mean, the equipment was in disrepair, the other members were dirty and inconsiderate. This new gym is beautiful, and right beside work. I liked that a lot, it was nice to get it done right after instead of having to commute half way home! Life is pretty amazing for me right now, and I think it's all stemmed from my commitment to running. I've changed. I'm more confidant and strong, and I believe in myself. I know now I can do anything I set my mind to.

No comments: